Here at GSF Car Parts, we have a wide variety of parts for your car starter system, including starter relays, starter motors, ignition switches, and more. You'll find the correct starter system parts from GSF Car Parts, allowing you to repair and service your own vehicle with ease.
To find the starter system parts that are right for your vehicle, type your registration number into the search tool or enter your make and model, and we'll direct you to a list of parts compatible with your car. Whether it's a starter motor for a Ford Focus or an ignition switch for a Volkswagen Golf, we've got you covered.
It is crucial for you to fully maintain the ignition system to support the safety and efficiency of your vehicle. All our parts are sourced from trusted partners in the motor industry so that you can have full confidence in the products we offer.
What is a Starter Motor?
The starter motor is exactly what it says on the tin. It's simply an electric motor that turns your engine on which you switch the ignition. The starter motor needs a fair amount of torque to get the engine to turn at such a fast speed. So that the engine draws the fuel and air into the cylinders and can compress them simultaneously.
How do you know if your Starter Motor is Gone?
If you start the car and the engine won't start then it could be either a dead battery or it could be a failing starter motor.
You may notice one of these symptoms of a broken starter motor:
- Grinding - If the starter motor produces a grinding noise when being engaged, it's possible that it's worn out and needs replacing
- Smoking - If your see smoke coming from your engine when you start the car, the battery could be pushing too much power to the motor causing it to short
- Oil soak - As the starter motor sits below the engine, it's vulnerable to oil leaking from the engine and soaking the motor causing it to fail
- Broken solenoid - The solenoid's role is to deliver the electric current from the battery to the starter motor when the engine is started. If the solenoid is damaged, the starter motor may not be getting the power it needs
What is an Ignition Switch?
The ignition switch is a system that includes the ignition lock cylinder and is part of the entire ignition system. It is responsible for starting the car, as well as providing power to the engine, ignition, and electronic applications within the car.
What are the Symptoms of Ignition Switch Failure?
There are several ignition switch failures to look out for and these are:
- Your car stalls while driving
- The car starts and then cuts out
- The engine doesn't start at all
- Issues turning or removing the key
Shop Starter System at GSF Car Parts Online and In-Store
All our starter system parts are from trusted brands in the motoring industry, so you can count on them to be reliable and of excellent quality. Plus, our low-price promise means you can always expect great value too.
We offer free UK delivery on all online orders over £25, plus 60-day returns*. So, buy starter system parts from us with confidence today. Or if you’re close to one of our 180 store locations across the UK & Ireland, just drop by and our experienced staff will be able to direct you to the right part for your vehicle.