French Cars - Renault, Citroen & Peugeot chat and technical help > French Cars

C5 2.2 HDI Antipollution and ESP/ASR fault

<< < (2/2)

jmd:
Error Code P0245  Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A low.
Hope this might be of assistance to you.

James Mc Dermott

delapoer:
Hello James, I was wondering where you got the "wastegate" fault diagnosis from?  The garage told me it was "turbo overpressure" and I saw the overpressure reading on their computer, maybe you have some new information?

jmd:
Hi Delapoer. Got the information on this site, check it out. - http://www.pikit.co.uk/peugeotmt/index.html. A lot on info there, in respect of the PUG, I reckon it's the same for the Citroen

James Mc Dermott

delapoer:
This was eventually solved by the dealer re-routing the vacuum feed to the turbo solenoid to  place closer to the vacuum source!

delapoer:
My car is a 2002 registered (51 plate) C5 2.2 HDI with 54K miles.  It had the Particle Filter replaced at 50K miles.  It has started to report Antipollution and ESP/ASR faults - I believe the ESP fault is reported due to the Antipollution fault (they always occur simultaneously).  When the faults appear engine power is reduced but, after a while, the power comes back.  This started as an occasional fault but is becoming more and more frequent.  It usually happens when the car gets up to about 70 mph.

The fault codes were read by a Citroen mechanic and it was "Turbo Pressure Too High" and the fault code was P0245.  Citroen tech help said it would be the electrovalve for the EGR but replacing it makes no difference.  Disconnecting the electrical cable to the electrovalve makes little difference except that the removal of power seems to be less pronounced when the fault occurs.

Can any one help with this?  I am suspecting the EGR valve but I don't even know where it is or what it looks like!  Could an EGR valve mafunction cause this sort of fault?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version